Experience Knows No Substitute!
MICHAEL F. FORD, APPRAISAL
General Certified Real Estate Appraiser
Located in the South Bay - Greater Metropolitan Los Angeles area, since 1986. Serving Southern California's Five - County Regional Market Area for all types of real estate & business property appraisal including residential, commercial, industrial, income producing properties as well as vacant land ranging from individual lots to larger acreage for subdivision purposes.
A leading real estate appraisal firm with broad local expertise dedicated to providing accurate, thoroughly researched; and fully analyzed valuation and consulting services.
Specialist in skilled nursing homes; gas stations, waterfront residential and commercial, and other complex ownership interest properties. Expert forensic appraisal reviewer. Available for out of area / out of state assignments by special arrangement, subject to time requirements and state reciprocity agreements.
Ex-Treasury Department / Internal Revenue Service Senior Appraiser. Expert in valuation for all real property tax purposes, including rebuttal to IRS value counter claims. Expert forensic review appraiser.
My Philosophy as an appraiser is founded upon the belief that the real estate market "works". Even downward markets demonstrate this. It is the appraisers duty to analyze that market, rather than to impose his (or her) own beliefs and bias in analyzing market conditions affecting opinions of value.
Appraisals and Report quality exceed industry demands. Each appraisal is unique. I do not “boilerplate” or “stuff” 75% of the report with out of date, limited relevance, generic data in order to churn out thick reports in a short time.
Some of the appraisal related services provided include:
- Forensic Review / Fraudulent appraisal Investigation
- Expert Witness Testimony
- Fractional Interest Valuation (TIC only)
- Fair Market Value for IRS Estate Tax (Current & Retrospective)
- Fair Market Value for IRS Gift Tax
- Fair Market Value - IRS Conservation Easements
- Fair Market Value - IRS Non Cash Charitable Donations
- Mortgage Financing
- Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac and HUD / FHA
- Non Institutional Private Investor Financing
- Small Business Administration (SBA) Loans
- Market Value for Any Other Purpose
- Going Concern / Value In Use
- Business Valuation
- PMI Removal
- Estate Planning
- Settlement Disputes
- Tax Assessments
- Establishing an Asking Price
- Establishing a Fair Price to Offer
- Defensive Appraisal Review for Peers
All completed appraisal reports are delivered to clients via e-mail as pdf attachments. Bound and laminated, colorized hard copies available by prior arrangement